Why your weight matters
Adding on extra weight can drag down your mood, energy, and self-confidence. At the same time, it may raise your risk for many serious health conditions. If you want to lose or maintain your weight, Kaiser Permanente is here to help.
We invite you to participate in our fun and engaging Don’t Weight to get in Shape program to start your journey to a healthier you!
Participate in our wellness challenge and get motivated
Be inspired to get on the path to a healthy weight through our wellness challenge campaign. Our 4-week challenge provides a sense of adventure and motivation as you learn to practice healthy behaviors.
Colorful Choices – July 18 to August 14, 2022
Registration begins in June
The Colorful Choices campaign is designed to encourage you to eat healthier by challenging you to add more produce in your daily food selections. This 4-week challenge begins on July 18, 2022. Register for Colorful Choices by July 11, 2022 for your chance to win a Kaiser Permanente gift package.
Webinars to support your healthy lifestyle
The Science of Coronavirus/COVID-19
If you have questions and concerns about the coronavirus, you’re not alone. Join Dr. Deb Friesen, MD as she shares the most recent updates on the coronavirus pandemic and answers to your most pressing vaccination questions to navigate the realities of COVID-19.
- April 6, 2022: 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Register here ›
Managing Your Stress: Building Awareness and Resilience
Uncontrolled stress can impact health and job performance. In this workshop, participants will identify their sources of stress, its effects on the mind and body, and how constantly activating the “fight or flight” response can lead to burnout and health problems.
- April 14, 2022: 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Register here ›
- April 19, 2022: 1:30 to 2:15 p.m. Register here ›
Watch Your Back
The back is your body’s support system. In this workshop, participants will explore ways to protect their back with better posture, proper sleep position, stretching, exercise, and reducing stress. Participants will learn self-help strategies to prevent back pain and keep it from returning:
- June 16, 2022: 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Register here ›
- June 21, 2022: 1:30 to 2:15 p.m. Register here ›
Skin Cancer and Heat Awareness
Most people are aware of the dangers of too much time in the sun. In this workshop participants will learn about ultraviolet rays and what they can do to prevent sun damage. Participants will also be able to identify the signs of heat related illness, ways to cool down and how to take positive steps toward avoiding heat related illness.
- August 18, 2022: 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Register here ›
- August 23, 2022: 1:30 to 2:15 p.m. Register here ›
Eat Well, Live Well: Eating Well for your Heart
Learning about the food we eat and how it affects the mind and body is an important step to better health. In this workshop the most common truths and myths about eating well will be explored. Participants will learn tricks and tips for creating their own healthy eating action plan.
- October 20, 2022: 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Register here ›
- October 25, 2022: 1:30 to 2:15 p.m. Register here ›
As we progress through different stages of life, we discover that health needs change. In this workshop participants will navigate common health concerns, review screenings, and identify strategies to keep every member of the family healthy. Participants will learn ways to keep health on their mind and practice self-care.
- December 8, 2022: 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Register here ›
- December 13, 2022: 1:30 to 2:15 p.m. Register here ›
Don’t Weight to Get in Shape Program Guide
Your personal wellness coach
If you need a little extra support, we offer Wellness Coaching by Phone at no cost to our members. You’ll work one-on-one with your personal wellness coach to help you reach your weight management goals. Call a wellness coach today at 808-432-2260.
Connect to your PCP
- As a Kaiser Permanente member, kp.org is your connection to great health and great care. Register and sign-on to kp.org to schedule routine appointments, view most lab results, refill prescriptions, and more.
- Check to see if you are overdue for a “no-cost” preventive screening test
- We also know how important it is to find a doctor who’s right for you. Click here to choose or change doctors at any time and view our physician profiles ›
Convenient ways to access care
- Learn about convenient options (online, video, phone and in-person) to get care when and how it works for you.
- Download our flyer to learn how to get care without leaving the comfort and safety of your home.
Regular physical activity is important for good health, and it’s especially important if you’re trying to lose weight or to maintain a healthy weight. Learn more about fitness and exercise and the activities that are right for you. It’s always a good idea to talk to your doctor before becoming more active, especially if you haven’t been very active or have health problems.
Hungry for ways to eat well and stay healthy? When you learn how to choose your food wisely, you’ll find yourself with increased energy, improved mood, better weight control, and a strong line of defense against many diseases.
Know your Body Mass Index
Your Body Mass Index (BMI) can help you determine whether you are at an unhealthy or healthy weight. The higher your BMI, the greater their chances of developing certain serious conditions. Use the BMI Calculator and see if you are at risk.
Your Kaiser Permanente plan benefits
Staying on top of your health is very important. Get the most out of your Kaiser Permanente health plan by using the valuable resources and services available to you as a KP member.
Eating disorders and COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to a culmination of increased risk factors for those suffering from mental health conditions such as eating disorders. Isolation, change in routine, and heightened anxiety can contribute to the formation of an eating disorder or an increase in the severity of existing ones.
Kaiser Permanente health and wellness resources
Find your happy place
- Good health goes beyond the doctor’s office. Explore some of the convenient Kaiser Permanente healthy extras available to Kaiser Permanente members and choose one that fits your life.
- Explore online resources and tools to help you thrive.
Earn your rewards
Kaiser Permanente members*: Complete the Total Health Assessment (THA) and earn $25. It takes only 10 minutes to complete. The THA is a confidential online tool that assesses your health behaviors and risk factors. You can also earn an additional $75 by completing up to 3 digital Healthy Lifestyle Programs to address the health risks identified by the THA.
*Open to all Kaiser Permanente EUTF subscribers and your enrolled spouse/domestic partner, 18 years old and older, except for retirees and those enrolled in the HSTA VB Plan.
Additional weight management resources
Changing the way you approach weight loss may help you be more successful at weight management. Setting the right goals and focusing on lifestyle changes such as following a healthy eating plan, watching portion sizes, being physically active, and reducing sedentary time are much more effective.